The Midwest Justice for Children Conference began in an effort to provide quality training, at an affordable price, to other Child Advocacy Center staff, members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team including members of law enforcement, juvenile justice workers, mental health therapists, Children's Division workers, Prosecuting Attorneys, child and family advocacy workers, school counselors, forensic interviewers, and other professionals working in the field of human services.
We have decided to cancel the Midwest Justice for Children Conference this spring.
We tentatively plan to hold training in the fall as we closely watch recommendations regarding COVID-19.
Who Should Attend?
• Educators: Teachers, Admins., Counselors
• Medical & Mental Health Professionals: Therapists, Pediatricians
• MDT Members: Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Advocates, Forensic Interviewers, Child Protective Services
• Caregivers/Parents/Foster Parents
• Youth Serving Organizations
What Types of Topics Can I Expect?
• “Reporting Without Re-Victimizing”
• “Taking Care of Yourself: Putting on the Oxygen Mask”
• “Sexting Behavior: Flirty or Felony”
• “Interviewing Juvenile Sex Trafficking Victims”
• “Play Therapy - 10 Years and Under”
• “Creepy but Crucial: Advanced Grooming Described by Sex Offender”
• “The Effect of Childhood Exposure to Domestic Violence”
• “Life is not a Hallmark Movie, A Victim’s Perspective”
How much Does it Cost?
3-Day Conference | $275
3-Day Conference + Pre-Conference | $375
Pre-Conference | $100
March 18-20, 2020
Includes 3-days of conference speakers, lunch, snacks, and breakfast on the last day. Does not include Pre-Conference.
March 17, 2020
Includes 1-day of conference speakers, lunch, and snacks.
380 Mulholland Dr. St. Charles, MO 63303
Continuing Education Credits will be available, pending approval for CLE, LCSW, LPC, and POST. All certificates will be sent out post-conference via email.
Licensed Professional Counselors
Police Officer Standards & Training
Licensed Clinical Social Workers
This activity is pending approval from the National Association of Social Workers
Continuing Legal Education
Please use the Midwest Justice for Children Conference hashtag on your social media post and share in the discussion and highlights.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @thechildcenterinc
Sign up for emails about MJCC!
2020 Sponsors & Vendors
The Midwest Justice for Children Conference offers the opportunity to reach an interdisciplinary group of professionals from throughout the Midwest. There are advertising and sponsorship options for all budgets. Click here for a sponsor form.