Work with a passionate and supportive team while making a difference for child abuse survivors. Therapy is a huge part of child advocacy and the healing journey for children and families.
This full-time Therapist will be stationed in Wentzville, Missouri but will primarily serve clients in Hannibal, Missouri. This will require weekly travel to Hannibal as well as familiarity with Telehealth. This position will provide therapy for children and families, in groups or individually, regarding the impact of child abuse, maltreatment, neglect, or other traumatic experiences. The therapist will develop a trauma focused treatment plan and provide appropriate therapeutic interventions to reduce the effect of trauma on the child and caregivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counseling for children and/or their family members who have experienced trauma – abuse, neglect, witness to violence, etc.
- Complete appropriate assessments for children to determine best course of treatment. Create and follow treatment plan.
- Facilitate group counseling sessions for children and/or caregivers who have experienced trauma
- Provide psychoeducation to children and caregivers regarding abuse, neglect and common responses to trauma
- Work with children and caregivers to improve their relationships and involve caregivers in the therapy process
- Participate in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings to review progress of current cases
- Complete and maintain therapeutic documentation within 24 hours following the session excluding weekends and holidays.
- Maintain regular contact with other professionals/agencies regarding client progress as appropriate with proper consents.
- Enter grant data consistently and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Master’s level degree in psychology, counseling or social work from an accredited college or university. Also must be licensed as an LPC, LCSW, or LMFT. If provisionally licensed, must be working towards obtaining full licensure under the standards of the appropriate state-licensing committees.
Benefits include: 12 paid holidays, paid vacation after 6 months, monthly half-day Fridays when possible, medical/vision/dental insurance, and more.
Location: Northeast Missouri – stationed in Wentzville, MO
Reports to and Supervised by: Clinical Supervisor
To Apply: Send resume to Cyndi Himstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org.