The part-time therapist will provide therapy for children, in groups or individually, regarding the impact of child abuse, maltreatment, neglect, or other traumatic experiences. The therapist will develop a trauma-focused treatment plan and provide appropriate therapeutic interventions to reduce the effect of trauma on the child and caregivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counseling for children and/or their family members who have experienced a trauma – abuse, neglect, witness to violence, etc.
- Complete appropriate assessments for children to determine the best course of treatment. Create and follow treatment plans.
- Facilitate group counseling sessions for children and/or caregivers who have experienced trauma
- Provide psychoeducation to children and caregivers regarding abuse, neglect and common responses to trauma
- Work with children and caregivers to improve their relationships and involve caregivers in the therapy process
- Participate in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings to review the progress of current cases
- Complete and maintain therapeutic documentation within 24 hours following the session excluding weekends and holidays.
- Maintain regular contact with other professionals/agencies regarding client progress as appropriate with proper consents.
- Enter grant data consistently and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Master’s level degree in psychology, counseling, or social work from an accredited college or university. Also must be licensed as an LPC, LCSW, or LMFT. If provisionally licensed must be working towards obtaining full licensure under the standards of the appropriate state-licensing committees.
This position is for our Hannibal, MO office.
Email resume to email@example.com for consideration.