Work with a passionate and supportive team while making a difference for child abuse survivors.
The Child & Family Coordinator is responsible for providing, overseeing and ensuring a welcoming, child-friendly, and safe environment for all children, families, and visitors who come to The Child Center.
- Greet and welcome children and families when they arrive at TCC for interviews, therapy, or other reasons.
- Ensure that the correct paperwork is completed by the caregiver and disseminated to assigned CAC staff.
- Answer Children’s Services phone line- direct calls appropriately, provide support for crisis calls made to The Child Center and maintain documentation for crisis call support.
- Provide a trauma-informed environment by ensuring that the child and family’s basic needs are met.
- Ensure cultural, behavioral, and other necessary accommodations/modifications are implemented in the waiting room as needed.
- Observe all interactions in the waiting room/lobby to ensure they are appropriate in nature.
- After forensic interviews, this position will be responsible for completing an age-appropriate empowerment activity with children while their involved caregiver is in the post-meeting (meeting the involved caregiver has with the MDT and Child & Family Advocate).
- After the post Meeting, ensure that the involved caregiver has an opportunity to complete the NCA Outcome Management Survey (OMS) regarding their experience at The Child Center.
- Assist with Intake Coordinator duties in their absence or when high caseloads arise.
- Arrange, sanitize, and maintain a clean and tidy waiting room/lobby for all children and families.
- Assist with data entry into Missouri Kids First Database as requested.
- Complete monthly billing for the assigned grant.
- Participate in regular supervision meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of an associate’s degree in a human service field, criminal justice or related field. Candidate should possess strong communication skills, must have exceptional organizational skills, have the ability to multitask and have a strong commitment to client services. Candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team within The Child Center, as well as the multidisciplinary team.
What We Offer:
Generous paid time off benefits include: PTO accrual of up to 16 days in the first year of full-time employment, fourteen paid holidays, paid birthday, monthly Friday half days, earned hours towards Extended Illness Benefit. Staff development programs and retirement contributions.
Location: Wentzville, MO
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER, 25, 2020