Ways to Support
Investing in The Child Center, Inc. will empower you to transform the lives of children and families by providing hope and healing in their times of need. We invite you to support our mission of responding to child abuse to reduce trauma to children and their families. Scroll through this page to see all the ways you can help us continue to support children of abuse.
If you would like to make a contribution, you can go to the top of the page and click the "DONATE" button. You may also send a check to our office or feel free to stop by and chat with our Development team.
Help us continue to provide hope, healing & hope for abused children. While we gratefully accept cash, check, or credit card donations to help fund our programs, below is a wish list of in-kind items (must be new and unopened) that donors may provide. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Children's Service Needs
- $10 gas gift cards (to help children and families get to services they need to heal, such as therapy)
- $10 gifts cards to area fast food restaurants (for families who end up spending hours at the CAC over mealtime)
- PetSmart gift cards (so we can treat our facility dogs for a job well done)
- $20 gift cards from Amazon, Target, Walmart and Office Depot (for children and families in need of incidental assistance)
- Tickets or passes to local attractions and experiences like bowling, laser tag, or a trampoline park (for our kids and families to bond)
- Water Bottles (8 oz. only)
- Individually wrapped, multi-packaged snacks (Cheez-Its, Pretzels, and Animal Crackers only)
- Kraft Paper Rolls (for kids to draw on in the waiting room)
- Construction Paper
- Crayons/Markers/Color Pencils
Big Dream Items
- Frequent Flier Miles (for staff to use for trainings)
- Advertising space in print and broadcast media
- Professional videography services
Select The Child Advocacy Center of Northeast Missouri Inc. as your preferred charity. Shop like normal and we will receive 0.5% of all orders.
Humble Bundle sells digital content through its pay-what-you-want bundle promotions and the Humble Store. When purchasing a bundle, customers choose how much they want to pay and decide where their money goes -- between the content creators, charity, and Humble Bundle. Since the company's launch in 2010, Humble Bundle has raised more than $100 million through the support of its community for a wide range of charities, providing aid for people across the world. Be sure to select The Child Center as your charity of choice when shopping.
Schnucks eScrip Community Card
Use your Schnucks eScrip Community Card to support The Child Center, Inc. with no cost to you!
Pick up a Schnucks Community Card at your neighborhood Schnucks Service Center, or at The Child Center office.
Call 1-800-931-6258 or visit www.schnucks.com and click on the eScrip Community Card link to activate your card today! We are listed as The Child Center with group ID#500015794.
Present your card to the cashier every time you shop at Schnucks.
Schnucks contributes to The Child Center with every purchase you make!
*Donations are based upon your monthly purchase amounts: 1% of up to $300, 2% of up to $600, 3% of up to $999
We want to let you know about a few key provisions of the new CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act. This new law is designed to help you, businesses and nonprofits facing economic hardship during the coronavirus pandemic.
The new law temporarily suspends the requirements for required minimum distributions (RMD) for the 2020 tax year. This probably comes as a relief to many of you who would have had to withdraw a greater percentage of your retirement accounts. Many of our donors use their RMD to make a gift from their IRA. If you are 70½ or older, you can still make a gift from your IRA or name us as a beneficiary. In addition, there are some new ways you can receive financial benefits and help organizations like us.
The new law allows all taxpayers to take a charitable deduction of up to $300, even if you do not itemize. You might think that this is a small amount and would not make a difference. But what if all of our donors gave “just” $300? Such support would have a huge impact on those we serve.
For those who do itemize their deductions, the new law allows for cash contributions to qualified charities such as ours to be deducted up to 100% of your adjusted gross income for the 2020 calendar year.