DESCRIPTION: This is a full-time position working with a non-profit agency that serves child victims of physical and sexual abuse in 14 counties of northeast Missouri. Reporting to Director of Development, with latitude for independent decisions. This position assists in the identification and facilitation of all fundraising activities for The Child Center, Inc. (TCC). This position is also responsible for recruitment and tracking of volunteers for TCC. The position is results driven with the necessity of making annual fundraising goals for the events as well as building strong relationships with the community and volunteers.
Has primary responsibility in the following areas:
- Responsible for planning, promoting, implementing and follow-up of all activities associated with special events.
- Responsible for recruiting and tracking of all volunteers for The Child Center, Inc.
- Responsible for representing TCC at assigned community meetings and groups as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for planning, promoting, implementing and follow-up of all activities associated with special events for TCC including, but not limited to, Trivia Night (Wentzville and Hannibal), Gala, Golf Tournament, Midwest Justice for Children Conference, and the Beer/Wine Tasting.
- Carry out all aspects of current fundraising events including research, site visits, venue negotiations, and all resources to carry out the events. Serve as the Point-of-Contact for all events, and attend and manage all events.
- Research and suggest additional fundraising events as deemed necessary.
- Obtain both in-kind and monetary event sponsorships to meet revenue goals, participants, volunteers and committee members for all events.
- Maintain expenses within the established budget. Prepare event reports as requested. Create and maintain event action plan timeline for each event.
- Coordinate with event committee members, board members, volunteers, vendors and community entities on all aspects of event implementation.
- Coordinate additional one-time events and volunteer events as assigned, including departmental events, as needed.
- Serve as agency liaison between vendors on all aspects of executing events such as catering, décor items, lighting, security, special equipment rentals and entertainment.
- Manage events including setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations or other equipment is in accordance with lease requirements and with safety standards and fire and health codes.
- Meet with the fundraising event committees and send out agenda and meeting reminders. Provide post-event meeting with the event committee to include financial report, strengths and weaknesses of event, and other details as necessary.
- Serve as contact for the auction items for fundraisers. Track and ensure that all donor forms are completed and thank you letters are sent in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the solicitation of volunteers, volunteer assistance on event set up and day of event volunteer needs and oversight.
- Responsible for recruiting and tracking of all volunteers.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment and engagement of volunteers for each event, and other volunteer opportunities as needed.
- Will work with corporate, civic and other local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in event management, hospitality/tourism or related field and two years related experience, or at least five years’ experience in development and/or event planning.
- Proficient in use of computers and other office equipment including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing. Clearly communicates messages, thoughts, and ideas to others. Demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- Must be flexible with ability to prioritize activities and responsibilities to achieve goals and meet deadlines. Schedules and plans for sort-term and long-term tasks and goals.
- Proven leadership qualities with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Is self-motivated to complete tasks and achieve goals and objectives.
- Organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail. Focuses on accomplishing tasks and achieving positive results. Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Linda Buschman at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.