Counsels children or groups regarding child abuse maltreatment and develops and implements a therapeutic treatment plan. Provide appropriate trauma-focused crisis intervention services as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides therapy for child victims and their family to obtain information concerning social history, treatment, and other pertinent information.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment needs based on symptoms generated by abuse/neglect.
- Explore current issues resulting from abuse/neglect. Develop treatment plan appropriate to needs/issues.
- Discusses progress toward goals with consumers regarding abuse/neglect.
- Serves as a model for appropriate adult/child relationships.
- Work with family and child to improve family relationships.
- Maintains regular contacts with other agencies/professionals regarding client progress as appropriate with consents.
- Participate in MDT meetings.
- Conducts group therapy sessions as needed.
- Completes and maintains individual and group counseling notes and documentation within 24 hours following the treatment session excluding weekends and holidays.
- Completes all court reports in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the court. Develops and implements appropriate discharge planning with resident, family, and placing agency.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with external customers, families and consumers and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s Level Therapist: LMFT, LCSW, LPC
Please send resume and cover letter to Wendy Summers at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.