The full-time therapist will provide therapy for children, in groups or individually, regarding the impact of child abuse, maltreatment, neglect, or other traumatic experiences. The therapist will develop a trauma focused treatment plan and provide appropriate therapeutic interventions to reduce the effect of trauma on the child and caregivers.
This position is full-time and located in Wentzville, MO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counseling for children and/or their family members who have experienced a trauma – abuse, neglect, witness to violence, etc.
- Complete appropriate assessments for children to determine best course of treatment. Create and follow treatment plan.
- Facilitate group counseling sessions for children and/or caregivers who have experienced trauma
- Provide psychoeducation to children and caregivers regarding abuse, neglect and common responses to trauma
- Work with children and caregivers to improve their relationships and involve caregivers in the therapy process
- Participate in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings to review progress of current cases
- Complete and maintain therapeutic documentation within 24 hours following the session excluding weekends and holidays.
- Maintain regular contact with other professionals/agencies regarding client progress as appropriate with proper consents.
- Enter grant data consistently and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Master’s level degree in psychology, counseling or social work from an accredited college or university. Also must be licensed as an LPC, LCSW, or LMFT. If provisionally licensed, must be working towards obtaining full licensure under the standards of the appropriate state-licensing committees.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Cindy Himstedt at email@example.com by the end of business on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
This position is contingent upon grant funding approval.