This is a full-time position working with a small, non-profit agency that serves child victims of physical and sexual abuse in 14 counties of northeast Missouri. Under the direction of the Director of Development, with latitude for independent decisions. This position calls for organization, time management, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work well with outside agencies and all levels of staff. This position will be responsible for participating in the development and implementation of the marketing and communications activities to attract new donors and retain existing donors. The position is results driven with the necessity of meeting marketing, communication, and development goals, as well as willingness to participate in efforts to build strong relationships within the community.
- Responsible for agency graphic design work, social media, and coordination of community awareness opportunities agency-wide.
- Responsible for donor database management, new donor entry, gift entry and acknowledgement, and tax credit documentation.
- Maintain potential and current constituent portfolio of community connections, businesses, media outlets, etc. for donor relations and sponsor opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graphic Design, Social Media
a. Produce content including press releases, annual reports, social media, and other communication designed to communicate to specific constituents.
b. Support marketing activities by preparing print materials including brochures, presentation pieces, direct mail campaigns, print advertising, and other print materials as directed.
c. Create publicity campaigns consisting of designing a logo, invitation, flyers, direct mail templates and similar printed deliverables for events and fundraisers throughout the year.
d. Graphic design support for all functions of the organization.
e. Responsible for publication of a quarterly newsletter to be available via electronic publication, and print publication as necessary.
f. Take a leadership role for maintaining website content and contributing to site development by creating new and updated content for existing web pages ensuring consistency with the look and feel of The Child Center, Inc. branding.
g. Enhance the public image of, and garner public support for, The Child Center, Inc. through promotions, publicity, on-line communications, and community-awareness opportunities agency-wide.
- Donor Database Management
a. Maintain donor database by entering new donor information, keeping donor information current, removing bad addresses.
b. Responsible for donation gift entry for monetary gifts, in-kind support, sponsorships, and providing acknowledgement letters and tax credit paperwork as necessary.
c. Prepare mailing lists for direct mailings, special event mailings, and other mass mail communications as needed.
- Donor Relations
a. Responsible for maintaining a potential donor list for potential sponsorships and engagement.
b. Make calls and contacts to solicit support from portfolio of community connections, businesses, media outlets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and 2 year’s experience, or 3-5 years’ experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of database programs, Outlook, Bloomerang and/or comparable donor database software, and Microsoft software.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Outlook, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher). Experience and mastery of use of Adobe Design Suite (InDesign) is critical.
- Organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail.
- Works quickly and efficiently on multiple tasks.
- Responsible, dependable, honest.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Dependable transportation, good driving record and current with insurance.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Karen Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of business on Friday, January 3, 2020. Please, no phone calls.