The Child Center, Inc. is a nonprofit child advocacy center serving children and families in Northeast Missouri, and is headquartered in Wentzville, Missouri. A comprehensive, coordinated approach is taken in response to allegations of child sexual and physical abuse occurring in the agency’s 14 county service area. The primary goal of the agency is to ensure that children disclosing abuse are not further victimized by the intervention systems designed to protect them.
This is a full-time position working out of the Wentzville office, reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED). The Development Director serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting The Child Center, Inc. (TCC). The primary function of the Development Director is to develop processes, strategies, and programs to identify, cultivate, track and solicit individual, corporate, foundation, and government funding sources. The DD will supervise a FT Marketing and Donor Relations Coordinator, FT Event and Volunteer Coordinator, and Development Interns.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, set ambitious and attainable goals specifically aimed at cultivating and soliciting grants, donations, sponsorships, and event attendance.
- Create and implement an annual funding plan that includes budget overview, strategies, and processes to meet goals.
- Report to Executive Director, Development Committee, and Board of Directors progress on effectiveness of development initiatives and generate regular reports that clearly and concisely communicate progress and results.
Donor Cultivation and Management:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and build relationships with grant donors, individual and corporate donors through market research, donor calls, prospect calls, and agency referrals.
- Implementing strategies defined in funding plan and recommend additional strategies to develop prospect relationships to increase donor base.
- Meet with agency leadership to further strengthen the agencies major foundation partnerships.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors, and individual donors.
- Plan, manage, and direct Development Department activities to ensure staff meets their donor cultivation and management behavior and funding goals.
- Report to Executive Director monthly progress on funds raised, number of face-to-face meetings, number of outreach calls completed, and number of community events attended.
- Manage and implement annual development plan and strategy.
- Ensure organization of all TCC special events are completed by Event Coordinator within established budget.
- Lead marketing plan for events to ensure profitability securing appropriate sponsorships and attendance with support of Event Coordinator and rest of staff.
- Engage, lead, and report to the board’s development committee regarding ongoing activities and progress on goals.
- Train and lead other staff and board to support fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Develop and serve as staff lead for Board of Directors to communicate, engage, educate and include Board of Directors to help achieve development goals and budget.
- Lead fundraising efforts within the board by effectively implementing the agency’s development strategy.
- Lead and develop the Advisory Board to help achieve development goals and budget. Work with Executive Director, Management Team and Board of Directors to develop relationships and experiences with prospective donors.
Database and Records Management:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Development Department engaged in maintaining donor database and paper records of contributors and grants.
- Maintain security and quality controls to ensure confidentiality and accurate accounting of information, including an accurate accounting of all unrestricted and restricted income and source.
- Interface with Finance department to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy
- Monitor all donor information and provide statistical analysis to board and ED.
- Manage the work of the Marketing Coordinator and Event Coordinator to achieve the goals of the Development Department.
- When written by the Development staff, review all grants and proposals submitted to government, foundation, or corporate funders.
- Oversee the intake of data and contributions to ensure that proper information capture and donor recognition occurs.
- Contribution income from fundraising efforts of donations and events to meet budgeted expectations.
- Face-to-Face existing and prospect meetings for purpose of executing development strategies.
- For all grants written by the Development Department ensure income retention and growth, including renewals and new grants applied for to meet budgeted expectations.
- Analyze and report event attendance and profitability
- Number of speaking engagements, community events attended, and number of tour attendees for purpose of raising community awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum (5) years of development experience is required
- Minimum (5) years of managerial experience is required.
- Ability to communicate mission and vision to motive staff, donors, and community to support the agency.
- Proven track record in successful donor and prospect management including conducting research and preparing proposals.
- Demonstrated success preparing and achieving revenue targets and goals.
- Ability to organize, plan and implement processes to create, implement, and achieve funding plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with Board of Directors, Executive Director, staff, coworkers, donors, and community.
- Attention to task completion and accurately evaluates the time required to complete both high and low priority tasks.
- Ability to accurately assess risks and takes voluntary action when needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs to create and produce communication pieces, marketing materials, reports, and other documents.
- Working knowledge of online social networks to increase community awareness and deliver agency brand message.
Those interested in applying should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.