Prevention Education Specialist will deliver school and community based presentations on various child abuse prevention topics for professionals who are mandated reporters, parents, and children of preschool, elementary, and middle-school ages. In addition, Prevention Education Specialist will attend community meetings and participate in community events to represent The Child Center when appropriate.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide presentations for children ranging from Early Childhood thru Middle School on various topics, such as Body Safety, Internet Safety, and Sexual Harassment
- Provide presentations for parents about Body Safety and Internet Safety
- Provide Mandated Reporter
Trainingsfor professionals who work with children
- Maintain contact with school counselors or school staff/administrators to schedule programs for assigned schools
- Grade and import data collected from presentations
- Maintain data and statistics for reporting purposes
- Research and update to programs to ensure best practice
- Attend community meetings as appropriate
- Serve as a representative of the agency
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, criminal justice, social work, or human services field or 3-5 years of field experience.
Candidate should possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent intrapersonal skills; comfortable public speaking, and committed to supporting The Child Center, Inc.’s mission. Candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team within The Child Center, Inc.
Please submit a cover letter & resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 2, 2019. No phone calls