The Part-Time Prevention Education Specialist will work to provide services to the Lincoln & Warren County community. Prevention Education Specialist will deliver school and community based presentations on various child abuse prevention topics for professionals who are mandated reporters, parents, and children of preschool, elementary, and middle-school ages. In addition, Prevention Education Specialist will attend community meetings and participate in community events to represent The Child Center when appropriate.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide presentations for children ranging from Early Childhood thru Middle School on various topics, such as Body Safety, Internet Safety, and Sexual Harassment
- Provide presentations for parents about Body Safety and Internet Safety
- Provide Mandated Reporter Trainings for professionals who work with children
- Maintain contact with school counselors or school staff/administrators to schedule programs for assigned schools
- Grade and import data collected from presentations
- Maintain data and statistics for reporting purposes
- Research and update to programs to ensure best practice
- Attend community meetings as appropriate
- Serve as a representative of the agency
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, criminal justice, social work, or human services field or 3-5 years of field experience.
Candidate should possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent intrapersonal skills; comfortable public speaking, and committed to supporting The Child Center, Inc.’s mission. Candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team within The Child Center, Inc.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume to Maggie Wiber at email@example.com by Wednesday, May 23rd.