Position Description: Community Awareness Specialist will generate widespread public awareness of child abuse and neglect and educate/inform crime victims so they have full access to the programs and services available. The position will based out of the Wentzville Office, however travel will be required to all 14 counties we serve. Must be flexible to work evening and weekend hours.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend community meetings to bring awareness and address victim related issues in the community
- Coordinate The Child Center, Inc. presence at community events, related to services for children and families
- Ensure victims and other victim serving agencies are aware of The Child Center, Inc. and other available community resources
- Deliver presentations in the community (schools, community centers and other public forums) to inform victims of rights and services available
- Assist with the planning for the agency Child Abuse Awareness Campaign in April
- Provide education/informational programs to small and large audiences
- Serve as a representative of The Child Center, Inc.
- Assist in research of programs to ensure best practice
- Maintain current on resources that are available to victims
- Plan community action events when needed
- Educate staff and victims on how to access services available to them
- Other duties assigned
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, criminal justice, social work, or human services field or 3-5 years of field experience.
Candidate should possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent intrapersonal skills; comfortable public speaking, and committed to supporting The Child Center, Inc.’s mission. Candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team within The Child Center, Inc.
Please email cover letter and resume to Maggie Wiber at email@example.com