The Child Center, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
Full-Time- Child and Family Advocate - Wentzville MO.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments for forensic interviews of children, including arranging for MDT members as well as the non-offending family and/or caretaker to be present during the interview.
- Participate fully in the pre and post interview meetings with the MDT.
- Complete intake with the non-offending family and/or caretaker.
- Provide crisis intervention to child and the non-offending family and/or caretaker when necessary.
- Ensure children and the non-offending family and/or caretaker get the culturally-sensitive support, education and resources they need to overcome the trauma of abuse.
- Educate the non-offending family and/or caretaker about the dynamics of abuse and the effects of trauma.
- Connect the non-offending family and/or caretaker with necessary resources in the community.
- Coordinate SAFE exams for children and make sure the medical provider has the necessary information for the child.
- Maintain contact with the non-offending family and/or caretaker to ensure their needs are met, answer questions and provide on-going support.
- Provide assistance for family in applying for Victim Compensation.
- Organize, manage, and facilitate regular multidisciplinary team case reviews for all assigned counties. This role may be done in conjunction with the county’s assigned forensic interviewer.
- Keep MDT members informed of new cases and developments in existing cases.
- Provide, or arrange for, court preparation services for children having to testify in court if a victim advocate from the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is unavailable.
- Maintain client contact notes for assigned cases.
- Complete monthly billing for the assigned grant.
- Participate in regular supervision meetings.
- Attend office and community meetings as well as trainings as requested by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human service field, criminal justice or related field. At least three years direct services experience working with abused children and families. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to multitask and have a strong commitment to client services. Candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team within The Child Center, Inc., as well as the multidisciplinary team.
Please email resume and cover letter to Amy Robins at email@example.com by the end of business on Wednesday, July 5.
Part - Time Therapist - Wentzville MO. - Primary duties will be to provide therapy for children or groups regarding child abuse maltreatment and develops and implements therapeutic treatment plan in a small Child Advocacy center setting. The Therapist is part of a mufti-disciplinary team that responds to child abuse cases. Therapist must be knowledgeable and trained in appropriate trauma focused therapy.
Education and Experience:
Master’s Level Therapist: LMFT, LCSW, LPC
Resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Child Abuse
If you suspect child abuse, call the Missouri Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-392-3738
If you are calling from out-of-state: 573-751-3448