The Truth About Abuse
The Child Center, Inc.
- 139,000 children under 18 years old live in the 14 counties served.
- 713 children completed Forensic Interviews in 2017.
- 27,817 students and 3,269 parents & professionals participated in prevention programs presented by the Prevention team.
- Each Missouri Child Advocacy Center is in compliance with full membership standards of the National Children’s Alliance.
- Missouri Child Advocacy Centers serve about 7,000 children each year.
- 15 Accredited Child Advocacy Centers in the state of Missouri.
- 1 in 4 girls & 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 90% of all sexual molestation is committed by someone the child likes, loves, or lives with.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the internet.
- 60% of child sexual victims never tell anyone.
Board of Directors
Missouri Dept. of Mental Health
St. Charles County Treatment Court
Anders CPA + Advisors
Angie Harness Real Estate
Lake St. Louis Neighbors
St. Louis Children's Hospital
St. Charles Convention Center
Hamilton Weber LLC
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Francis Howell School District
Chris W. Schulte
Porta-King Building Systems
US Bank Home Mortgage
City of Wentzville Police Department
Board of Directors meetings are held monthly on the following 2019 dates: January 23, 2019; February 27, 2019; March 27, 2019; April 24, 2019; May 22, 2019; June 26, 2019; July 24, 2019; August 21, 2019; September 25, 2019; October 16, 2019; November 20, 2019 (maybe rescheduled); and December 11, 2019 (maybe rescheduled).