The Child Center, Inc.
- 139,000 children under 18 years old live in the 14 counties served.
- 713 children completed Forensic Interviews in 2017.
- 27,817 students and 3,269 parents & professionals participated in prevention programs presented by the Prevention team.
- Each Missouri Child Advocacy Center is in compliance with full membership standards of the National Children’s Alliance.
- Missouri Child Advocacy Centers serve about 7,000 children each year.
- 15 Accredited Child Advocacy Centers in the state of Missouri.
- 1 in 4 girls & 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 90% of all sexual molestation is committed by someone the child likes, loves, or lives with.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the internet.
- 60% of child sexual victims never tell anyone.