Who We Are
The Child Center, Inc., is a Child Advocacy Center (CAC), serving child victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and children who witness violence.
The CAC model is based on the belief that the combined professional wisdom and skill of the multi-disciplinary team approach results in a complete understanding of case issues and the most effective child- and family-focused system response possible.
The Child Center, Inc., is a child-focused place where a comprehensive, coordinated approach is taken in response to allegations of child sexual and physical abuse occurring in our 14 county service area.
The primary goal of The Child Center, Inc., is to ensure that children disclosing abuse are not further victimized by the intervention systems designed to protect them. Services offered include forensic interviews, children and family advocacy, mental health therapy, and school and community-based prevention education programs.
When a case is referred to The Child Center, Inc., members of law enforcement, Children's Division workers, the Prosecuting Attorney's office, Juvenile Justice Center staff, Medial SAFE Providers, child and family advocates, and mental health therapists form a Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT). Each agency or professional on the MDT has a specific role in the investigation and intervention process. The forensic interviewer is also a member of the MDT, however, the forensic interviewer serves as a neutral participant.
The Child Center, Inc. was incorporated in 1999 as a not for profit child advocacy agency. The center first received funding from the Department of Social Services and officially started providing services October 1, 2000. The center is a Full Member and Accredited through the National Children’s Alliance as of October 2004. The Center has expanded its service area to include the fourteen (14) counties of St. Charles, Lincoln, Warren, Montgomery, Pike, Ralls, Marion, Monroe, Shelby, Lewis, Clark, Knox, Scotland and Schuyler. The main office is located in Wentzville with satellite offices located in Hannibal and Memphis.
The Truth About Abuse
The Child Center, Inc.
- 139,000 children under 18 years old live in the 14 counties served.
- 565 children completed Forensic Interviews in 2016.
- 26,177, students and 2,548 parents & professionals participated in prevention programs presented by the Prevention team.
- Each Missouri Child Advocacy Center is in compliance with full membership standards of the National Children’s Alliance.
- Missouri Child Advocacy Centers serve about 7,000 children each year.
- 15 Accredited Child Advocacy Centers in the state of Missouri.
- 1 in 4 girls & 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 90% of all sexual molestation is committed by someone the child likes, loves, or lives with.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the internet.
- 60% of child sexual victims never tell anyone.
All services at The Child Center, Inc. are accessible to all regardless of ability to pay. We are able to provide these services through grants, fundraising events, and private contributions. Grant funders include the Community and Children’s Resource Board of St. Charles County, Division of Social Services, Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Victims Crime Fund, Lincoln County Resource Board, Children’s Trust Fund and several other community businesses and foundations.
The Child Center, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
Part - Time Therapist - Wentzville, MO.
Special Event/Volunteer Coordinator - Wentzville, MO
Report Child Abuse
If you suspect child abuse, call the Missouri Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-392-3738
If you are calling from out-of-state: 573-751-3448