Who We Are
The Child Center, Inc., is a Child Advocacy Center(CAC), serving child victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and children who witness violence.
The CAC model is based on the belief that the combined professional wisdom and skill of the multi-disciplinary team approach results in a more complete understanding of case issues and the most effective child- and family-focused system response possible.
The Child Center, Inc., is a child-focused place where a comprehensive, coordinated approach is taken in response to allegations of child sexual and physical abuse occurring in our 14 county service area.
The primary goal of The Child Center, Inc., is to ensure that children disclosing abuse are not further victimized by the intervention systems designed to protect them. Services offered include forensic interviews, children and family advocacy, mental health therapy, and school and community-based prevention education programs.
When a case is referred to The Child Center, Inc., members of law enforcement, Children's Division workers, the Prosecuting Attorney's office, Juvenile Justice Center staff, Medial SAFE Providers, child and family advocates, and mental health therapists form a Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT). Each agency or professional on the MDT has a specific role in the investigation and intervention process. The forensic interviewer is also a member of the MDT, however, the forensic interviewer serves as a neutral participant.
Clark, Knox, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Pike, Ralls, Scotland, Schuyler, Shelby, St. Charles & Warren
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 90 % of all sexual molestation is committed by someone the child likes, loves, or lives with.
- Each Missouri Child Advocacy Center is in compliance with full membership standards of the National Children’s Alliance
- Missouri Child Advocacy Centers serve about 7,000 children each year
- 15 Accredited Child Advocacy Centers in the state of Missouri
The Child Center, Inc. (2016)
- 565 children completed Forensic Interviews
- 26,177, students and 2,548 parents & professionals participated in prevention programs presented by The Child Center, Inc.
The Child Center, Inc. has been Fully Accredited through National Children’s Alliance since 2004.
Report Child Abuse
If you suspect child abuse, call the Missouri Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-392-3738
If you are calling from out-of-state: 573-751-3448