In order to stop child abuse, we need to start talking about it...
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 90 % of all sexual molestation is committed by someone the child likes, loves, or lives with.
- Each Missouri Child Advocacy Center is in compliance with full membership standards of the National Children’s Alliance
- Missouri Child Advocacy Centers serve about 7,000 children each year
- 15 Accredited Child Advocacy Centers in the state of Missouri
The Child Center, Inc. (2014)
- 425 children received Forensic Interviews
- 18,144 students and 1,203 parents & professionals participated in prevention programs presented by The Child Center, Inc.
- 425 children were referred for counseling
- 35 children were referred for medical SAFE exams.
The Child Center, Inc. has been Fully Accredited through National Children’s Alliance since 2004.